Thursday, August 27, 2009

American's ride the bus...

August 26th 2009

The Journey was long and arduous… about half way through my ipod ran out of battery, and my pattern of on and off reading didn’t bode well. The stoner’s fantastic stories of amazing adventures had toned down to subtle mumblings of how misuse of the force would send them to force hell. Yes it was entertaining but it lacked the charm that came with them screaming out every other syllable. Latoia had decided to rest, or, as she put it “go for a nappy-nap so ma baby will shut her yappy-yap!” everyone else had decided to sleep, but they didn’t announce it in nearly an amusing enough way to worth mentioning them individually.

It was getting to the point where the whole ‘not-being-able-to-sleep’ thing, was becoming a slight annoyance. It got to the point where, when the old lady two rows forward offered me a sleeping pill; I didn’t even care to check the label. I dunno what it was she gave me but I was out of it for the rest of the journey, I had to switch buses twice, and I can only tell you one of the cities I was swapped at. My aforementioned ’out of it’-ness pleased Latoia to no end. I found a scribble on my belly when I changed my shirt the next day saying, and I’m not joking, “this beer gut be MINE bitch!” luckily it wasn’t a sharpie, simply a biro that the water from the greyhound station sinks could take care of easily.

I now found myself staring at Muhammad Ali Blvd, with no idea where to go. Still drowsy from what I now consider could have been roofie's, I decided to head to the most well lit place, difficult to find in mid-day. Luckily I realised I must be getting near the centre of town due to the flags of colonel sanders.
Side note: I have only just now realised that I am yet to mention my current whereabouts, Louisville Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment